BRP ENHANCES THE FUN OF RIDING A SKI-DOO SNOWMOBILE WITH 2016 LINE-UP
The new Ski-Doo Renegade Enduro snowmobile is inspired by an adventure motorcycle.© BRP 2015
- Industry’s first adjustable ski: the Pilot TS ski
- New snowmobile models that answer latest market needs
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) expanded to Rotax 1200 4-TEC engines
Las Vegas, Nevada, February 23, 2015– BRP (TSX:DOO) today introduced the 2016 Ski-Doo snowmobile line-up at its semi-annual dealer meeting. Features include an industry-first adjustable ski, new models, expansion of proven technologies and more innovative accessories.
“The 2016 Ski-Doo line-up shows that BRP never stops pushing innovation,” stated Anne Bélec, senior vice-president, Global Brand Strategy and Information Systems. “A ski, one of the basic components of a snowmobile, has been re-engineered so riders can instantly adjust ski bite for changing snow conditions and riding styles. Plus, we bring new models that re-invent or shape segments of the business. It’s this kind of leadership that keeps BRP at the forefront.”
The proven innovations and product reliability of its snowmobiles and accessories further consolidates BRP’s number one position in the industry. For 2016, BRP’s product breadth reaches new heights in every segment with the new:
- Summit Burton edition, appealing to the large population of snowboarders and skiers that want easy access to the backcountry;
- Renegade Enduro model, inspired by an adventure motorcycle, delivering all-around capability no matter where it is ridden;
- Expedition Xtreme sled, the most rugged and high-performing Ski-Doo utility snowmobile;
- MXZ Blizzard snowmobile with 129” (327 cm) track configuration to give in-season buyers the features they want; and
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) technology now expanded to the Rotax 1200 4-TEC series of engines. The iTC system improves throttle response, allows operators to choose between three driving modes on the fly and includes learning key functions to control top speed and acceleration.
An equally impressive array of clothing and innovative accessories complements the 2016 snowmobile product line.
BRP also introduced three Can-Am off-road models designed specifically for law enforcement organizations, with a special matte black coloration, pre-installed emergency lights and a warning device.
About BRP BRP (TSX: DOO) is a global leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of powersports vehicles and propulsion systems. Its portfolio includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am all-terrain and side-by-side vehicles, Can-Am Spyder roadsters, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. BRP supports its line of products with a dedicated parts, accessories and clothing business. With annual sales of over CA$3 billion from 105 countries, the Company employs approximately 7,100 people worldwide.
Ski-Doo, Lynx, Sea-Doo, Evinrude, Rotax, Can-Am, Spyder, Renegade, MXZ, Blizzard, Xtreme, Summit, iTC, Rotax, 4-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.